Thursday, July 28, 2011

Top 10 Newborn Survival Must-Haves (According to me)

Baby showers are wonderful!! They are full of family and friends who already love your baby.  I loved celebrating Jackson at all of my showers and was so thankful to receive so many great things.  Jackson is one blessed little guy!  People love to buy baby things because everything is just so darn cute! The thing is, cute won't get you through the crazy days.  Cute doesn't make sterilizing 10 bottles 20 binkies and 15 storage containers for milk easier.  Cute is for later on when you actually have a grip on being a mom! In the beginning think practical, practical practical.       

These are like Oprah's Favorite Things only I am not giving them away.....we just had a baby, funds are low people!! Ok, so in no particular order, these are my Top 10 things that I could not have lived without in the beginning months of my sons life.
  1. Grandparents - let them help in everyway
  2. Medela MicroSteam Bags - who has time to boil water to sterilize
  3. Burp Clothes - for spit up, pee, poop, and my tears
  4. Summer Infant SwaddleMe blankets with velcro - key word, VELCRO
  5. Summer Infant Muslin Blankets - great for summer babes, thin and airy
  6. Fisher-Price Papasan Craddle Swing - if they made an adult size I would buy it
  7. My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow - the boppy is for tummy time not booby time
  8. What To Expect - The First Year (book) - for all your self diagnosing, but call the Dr if necessary
  9. AVENT Soothie Pacifiers - they are like your babies off switch
  10. The aspirator that the hospital gives you - its free and the best for the little noses
New mommies, live long and prosper!! Hope my list helps.  I would love to know what would be on your survival list.....on the baby battlefield more is always helpful, so leave it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment