Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Downton Abbey

Every so often there is a movie or TV series that sucks you in to the point of emotional involvment.  It sounds crazy but think about it.  How many people do you know that think they are a part of Carrie Bradshaws life?  Or talks about Noah and Allie from The Notebook when making a reference to true love.  For me, I cried everytime one of the soldiers died in Band of Brothers; I felt a loss. 

I have been sucked in yet again but this time it is in the sophisticated world of Downton Abbey.
 
It is set in Yorkshire, England during the early 1900's.  When I watch this, I get INVOLVED.  As soon as I hear the opening song on the show I am all of a sudden English.  My thoughts have an English accent and I instantly steep some tea.  Season 2 has just ended but you can catch episodes from Season 1 and 2 here.

My favorite character is Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham

And I covet the clothes of Lady Mary Crawley

Watch! Love! And let me know when your thoughts start to have an English accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment