Wednesday, January 25, 2012

________________ Its What's for Dinner!!

A while ago, I came to the realization that, for the rest of my adult life, I will ask myself the dreaded question 'what are we going to have for dinner?'

*This is a life sentence people.* 

If you are a wife and/or mom THIS IS your lot!!  If my man was contributing to this post he would probably be happy to tell you that I have re-surfaced from the 'new baby' tidal wave that knock me over 8 months ago.  People, what has my poor husband been eating for 8 months?

Because I hate the question of, what's for dinner?, I thought maybe we could share recipes?   Or at least I would tell you what I am cooking, that way if you are stuck maybe something we eat will sound good to you.  If you would like to share, please do, my tummy will thank you!! Link up or post the recipe in the comments.

Chicken Tacos
Cooking my chicken, I used this recipe from The Pioneer Woman blog as my guide.

Jarrod's plate...mmmm
In a big skillet cook up the following:
-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced into small chunks
-1 can of diced green chillies
-1/2 white onion
-1/2 tsp cumin
-1/2 tsp chili powder
-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (did I mention these were spicy)


Tacos need toppings.  Our favorite topping for tacos is a yummy cabbage recipe from my friend Ally.

You will need:
1 head of Cabbage
1 red onion
2-3 limes
1 bushel of cilantro
salt/pepper
Picture is missing the onion
Chop cabbage into small shreds, dice onion, chop cilantro (mix all three of these in a bowl)
Squeeze the lime juice into the cabbage, onion, cilantro mix to taste
Salt and pepper to taste

Add other toppings as desired, we used tomatoes and cheese

We ate the tacos on corn tortillas.  Yum o Yum.

Can you tell I don't type out recipes....ever.  This could be a recipe bloggers nightmare! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment