Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year, New Joys, Same Jesus ~ John Piper

Happy New Year + 6 days!! Welcome 2012!


How many resloutions do people make at the start of a new? 1? 5? Lose weight, read more, spend less.  Laugh more, relax more, worry less.  How many resolutions are kept? How many goals are actually met when we look back on any given year?  If you are like me, most of the time, the answer is none.  Oops.  I have the best of intentions but somewhere between January 1st and January 31st I allow life to drown out my 'resolutions'.  I give the gym back to those who were going waaaayyyy before January 1st! They are the rightful owners and its only fair I give them back their treadmills!

There is one thing, though, that I want to make sure I do not let life drown out this year (and every year) and that is Jesus.  Time with Him through prayer and through His Word is the insurance that I have to know that I will be victorious in 2012.  Walking with Jesus will ensure that I will be more than a conqueror in 2012 (Romans 8:32).  Time in His word will guarentee that when the enemy sends his flaming arrows, I will have the armor of God on which is able to extinguish them (Ephesians 6:16).  Knowing His truths will renew my mind when the world tells me lies (Romans 12:2).  And trusting Jesus each and every day with each and every thing will show my son that we serve an all powerful, infinate God that really is all powerful and infinite.  But what I see now more than ever is showing Jackson means living it for myself.  Lord, help me do this.

'Start off children on the way they should go, and even when they are old, they will not turn from it.' Proverbs 22:6.

In the words of Paul in Ephesians 6:19 'pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.' 

THIS is what I want 2012 to be about. 

New Year, New Joys, Same Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment