Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Never say Never

Somewhere between 5 months and now, 7.5 months, this mommy was able to finish a few books, a few movies with my husband and Season 1 of a TV series.  Its a miracle.....wait, no, its just what happens when your baby gets older!  Truth be told, I thought days like this were gone forever....

~ cue weird dream-like music as we travel back to a not so distant memory ~

When Jackson was about 5 or 6 weeks old, my man and I rented 'The Chronicles of Narnia - Voyage of the Dawn Treader' thinking we would enjoy our son's nap time with a movie....WRONG!!! He was awake within the first 20 minutes of us starting it and screaming by the middle of it.  It took us a full day and a half to finish watching it and I stood, bouncing that baby for the rest of it.  After that fiasco, we decided to cancel Netflix because and I quote myself 'we will never quietly watch a movie snuggled up on the couch again'.

Guess what new mommies of the world, those days are NOT gone.  They are just on hold for a bit.  I am here to report that, while it is you may not renew your subscription to Netflix, you will be a patron of a RedBox near you!  And if you like to read, nap times become more routine in these months so you will enjoy a good book again. 

If you are looking for some I recommend a 2 part series written by Francine Rivers.  It is about legacy and now that I am a mom it resonated with me in a deep way.  I want my legacy to include a whole lot of Jesus.  I want to maintain a close walk with Him so that my children see His goodness.  I want to thank my mom for giving me the best life her and my dad could.  I want to thank them for teaching me by example.  I am so thankful to know that He can change our destiny if we respond to His calling.  I can't wait for to see where He will lead the generations, our legacy, after Jarrod and I.

First Book



Second Book


I also loved loved love The Hunger Games Trilogy.  Do not be fooled by its popularity for those of you who do not like to be 'bandwagon' readers.  It is worth EVERY page.

So, again I find myself writing about things that I am accomplishing that at 6 weeks, I thought I would never do again.  Mommyland is demanding but oh so rewarding.  I am still ME even thought I double as Jackson's mommy too!  It is a beautiful balance that I am learning to master day by day.






No comments:

Post a Comment