Thursday, August 11, 2011

I GOT CRAFTY

I am not a very crafty person.  I like crafts, I just don't do them very often.  I read a ton of crafty blogs and have a ton of crafty friends and one day I would like to be as crafty as them!! My good friend Whitney has a wonderful crafting blog that I LOVE to look at, she thinks of everything.  Can I be like her one day?  You can see how fabulous she is here: http://franklyspeakingtoo.blogspot.com/.  So, in my nesting state of mind during the last months of my pregnancy I decided I was gonna get crafty. 

Can I take a short moment to praise that 'nesting' time....I would have never done this project without that insane need to clean, make and organize.  I wish I felt like nesting all the time but the baby is here now and that fabulous nesting hormone is gone.  With that said, this may be my only blog post that has a craft theme!! HA 

It was time to put all my blog reading to use and try something of my own!! I had an empty wall in my sons room and did not know what to put on it.  I couldn't find anything I liked and if I liked it, it was naturally a billion dollars.  I saw this idea of 'Scrabble Tiles' on a blog I read and knew I could do it!  *I do not remember which blogspot I saw this on so I can't reference it.*

First I arranged my inspiration ( I love Scrabble)

I had bought canvas (2 pack of 8X10) that was on sale coupled with a coupon at Michaels (goal = saving $)

Painted them with left over paint that we used on the walls in our house (remember I am saving $$)


Got my CRICUT on with some vinyl that was specifically made for the CRICUT.  This vinyl had adhesive backing that made the application to the canvas easier.  I borrowed the CRICUT (saving $) and used another coupon for the vinyl at Michaels (saving $) 

Cut my letters and their 'point values'

Measured to make sure they were all 2 inches from the bottom of the canvas

Peeled the adhesive backing off and place the letters onto my canvas based on the measurements.  Then finished each Scrabble tile with Mod Podge - Matte Finish


Let dry and then hung them (well my husband hung them)............TA DA!!!!!


It was the perfect addition to Jackson's sports themed room! I am so proud that I crafted.  That feeling of accomplishment is probably why people who craft, love to craft....what satisfaction!!  I hope to get my craft on again soon.....no promises though.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! They turned out so, so cute!! LOVE the idea! Very unique.

    ReplyDelete