Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Should Be Bald

Its a good thing I did not pull my hair out during the first 2 months of mommyhood because IT IS ALL FALLING OUT NOW!!! 

Did you know that post pregs you lose all the luscious hair that you have had for 10 months???

They say daily hair lose is about 50-100 strands of hair and that losing 200 strands is considered excessive.  Well, people, I officially am considered excessive.  I think I am losing 1000 strands a day.  It is quite troublesome.  I should have spent more time with my hair while I had it those 10 months that I was a human crockpot.  My hair brush was magically empty for all that time and now I have to clean it twice a day.  I am finding hair everywhere.  Its on the outside of my shirt, the inside of my shirt, on the baby, in the baby's hand, I even found a piece in the kitchen sink......don't let me cook you dinner right now, I'd need a hair net!!! WHAT IN THE WORLD......I should be bald by now!!

What is that saying, 'you don't know what you have till its gone'......

You know who else is losing hair, Baby J!!  Its horomone thing from what I have read.  My little man had some serious hair when he was born and now it is thinning, big time.  He has old man hair!!!  I find little baby hairs all over the place.  So if its not my hair I am pickin' up, its his.  Those sheet savers for cribs protect from way more that spit-up.....I should have used mine.  After this next load of laundry I will surly put that down to catch all his little hairs and 'save his sheet'.  I wonder what his hair will be like when it grows back in???? It already seems lighter to me. 

This hair loss is being accompanied by some craddle cap, which is kinda gross to this mama.  Craddle Cap is scaling, dry lookin' skin patches on the very top of baby's head.  Its like dandruff, kinda.  Now, generally, I am a 'picker' but have refrained from doing so on his head.  The doc says its nothing to worry about and that it doesn't hurt baby.  Its more us mommies who have a problem with it.  She said if I really wanted to, I could shampoo his head more frequently and rub it a little more with a washcloth.  I have even read that you can apply a natural oil like olive oil, let it sit then wash it off with baby shampoo.  If the Cradle Cap symptoms spread beyond the scalp, its time to call the Doctor!!

There is my lesson for the day! Pregnant ladies, love your hair while you have it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment