Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fall TV

Mommyhood has made me a master of the DVR.  I decided my brain was beginning to turn to mush so I started the blog and 'rekindled' my relationship with my Kindle (like my word play?!?!).  As Jackson gets older I find myself watching TV a little less which is a good thing but let me tell you....I LOVE me some Fall TV!! All the good shows make their appearance or glorious return in the Fall.  Guess what that means....the DVR is set and I am going to resume my position of DVR master!  For your viewing pleasure I thought I'd let you know some of the new shows that I am watching.

New Girl is funny and full of witty lines! Only 30 min long.  Its more a 'me' show.  Jarrod isn't very interested.  PG-13 from what I can tell.


Up All Night.  It's like someone put a camera up in my house and made a show of it.  I think a lot of new mommies will feel this way when they watch it.  It is sooo funny and something BOTH J and I like! PG from what I can tell.  Only 30 mins.


Revenge - drama, scandal, and suspense.  I am liking this one! Jarrod says its lame...so your men probably won't like it either.  Too bad for them!  PG-13/R - Nothing explicit thus far, just not for kids or tweens. 1 hour.



With all this said, I fully understand that TV will get harder for Jarrod and I to watch as Jackson gets older.  Nothing that is on past the 8pm hour is really suitable for 'family' TV.  I have to ask, what ever happened to the TGIF shows like Family Matters, Full House, Boy Meets World?  Or the Sunday night family movie on ABC with all the Disney films??  I have a feeling our future family nights will not be spent in front of a wholesome show like the family nights of my childhood.  I know Veggietales, Backyardagins and Disney will be taking over soon enough!

Happy Fall TV everyone! What are the new shows that you are watching?

1 comment:

  1. Private practice starts tonight and I couldnt be more excited!!!! AS you know I am watching Whitney! Up all night i found to be hilarious! I wanted to watch revenge but was busy and forgot to set the DVR. Greys was good last thursday, but not great! I am slowly losing interest! Law and Order SVU is back but Stabler is gone and this makes my heart hurt! Benson will be gone after 13 episodes and thats prolly when I'll stop watching it! :(

    ReplyDelete