Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The 'yeses' that matter

We dedicated Jackson to the Lord this past Sunday.  Well, the way I see it, we actually dedicated Jackson BACK to the Lord for it is he that gave him to us in the first place. 

The Pastor asked us.....
Will you raise this child up to love the church.....YES
Will you raise this child up to know God's word....YES
Will you raise this child up to live for God....YES
Will you stay married for this child....YES

We said YES without hesitation.  We stood with family, friends and our church and said YES to God's will for our son.  It was a beautiful moment.  I couldn't help but think about the last time a 'yes' meant this much to me.  My mind went to August 1, 2009.  On our wedding day we each said 'yes' when the Pastor asked us if we'd have each other in marrige, but that yes was said by each of us individually.  On Sunday, we said yes together, in unison, over the matters of our son.  A memory that will be tucked in the sweet places of my heart forever.

Jackson has been entrusted to us but his story has been written by God whom has no boundaries.  There is no one who can dream as big for my son as the God who made him.  I needed to be reminded that Jackson's story is already written and my job is to help sharpen him for all that God has planned for him.  I am ready in a new way to raise Jackson and it is so exciting.

On this day I will write this Scripture in his baby book, 2 Corinthians 1:20 says that 'for no matter how many promises God has made, they are YES in Christ.  An so through him, the 'Amen' is spoken by us to the glory of God'.

Jackson, all the God has promised in his Word is yours to have in Christ.  May we loose on earth what has been loosed in heaven!! AMEN!

These are the yeses that matter.

Pastor Dan praying over Jackson


Such a special day for our family (4months old)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment